Saturday, September 9, 2017

Expect the Unexpected

      The year, 2016, was truly a blast for me. This year marked my official career as a teacher. In my first year of teaching, I really had a difficult time handling my first advisory class. Facing them each day was like a nightmare for me for the first few months. Anybody from the faculty would always say that my pupils are really hard to deal with because of their uncontrollable noise and behavior. Indeed, these kids gave me a baptism of fire in my first year of teaching. 

However, they have proven me wrong as time passed by. These kids have genuine hearts as well. Before, I really thought that I was just nothing for them but just their plain teacher. It may sound cliché, but it is true that we should really expect the unexpected. My pupils didn’t fail to amaze me on my special day. The unexpected birthday party that my pupils have prepared for me truly moved me. Such event was beyond my expectations.


          I was definitely taken aback. I never expected that my pupils would do something for me since I have been reprimanding them all the time. Their sincere messages and sweet hugs made me realize that these kids, although they get so naughty most of the time, have big hearts too. Both of the sections that I handled deeply moved me with their simple but meaningful surprises. I was truly overwhelmed during that time. I was really touched. This greatly gave me a humbling experience as their teacher. Their words changed my perspective over them. I knew from Day 1 of the school year that I love them; I wasn’t just sure if they also feel the same toward me. I cannot really contain my happiness. My feelings on my 22nd birthday cannot be put into words.



      Truly, unexpected things come in different packages. I am just so grateful that mine was such a humbling experience – an experience that I will never ever forget. 



3 comments:

HOW TO BUILD RAPPORT WITH THE STUDENTS?

Rapport is nothing more than a connection you make with your students based on their positive feelings for you. When they like you and tr...