Friday, September 1, 2017

What else is my passion?




Aside from teaching, what are the other things that I am passionate about?

Well, I have a fair share of things that I am passionate about aside from teaching. Since time immemorial, I have been dreaming to decorate my own classroom. Truly, when the odds were in my favor, last school year, which was actually my first year also in teaching, I was given the chance to handle an advisory class. This responsibility gave me an avenue to fully realize my dream – to decorate my own classroom.

Since I like doing letter cutting and designing colorful visual aids, I have embraced these tasks of a teacher without hesitation.  This might be a tiresome job for some. However, in my own perspective, this task helps the teachers to develop their artistic side.

Quotes posted on the wall of my first classroom
So, when I was given the task to be a Grade Six adviser last year, I knew right there and then that I would be decorating my own classroom! Then, I conceptualized a design that was also appropriate to the grade level that I was handling. Doing the whole thing wasn’t really an easy task. However, I also wondered why I never get so tired of decorating my own classroom which I also considered as my second home. That was when I realized that doing such is definitely one of the things that I am passionate about.

Name of the section that I handle last school year


Name of the section that I am handling this school year
This school year gave me another chance to do this one of a kind passion again. I was tasked to handle the same grade level that I had before. At this moment, I anchored the theme of my classroom to my section’s name – Chalcedony. Blue Chalcedony is a demure crystal, subtle and mystic, cool and serene, ethereal yet solid. Since summer, I have worked hard to achieve the total effect of this concept. 
Welcome message

The quote posted above of the glass board reminds my pupils not to take each day of their lives for granted.
Decorating a classroom absolutely requires full commitment and dedication since we will be providing our learners an attractive and conducive learning place. This task shapes the atmosphere of the class and sets the mood of our students towards learning. As a teacher of the millennials, I have realized that this task must be properly done, so my learners could feel that their classroom is not just a plain room but also their home. 
Christmas decoration last school year


Christmas decoration last school year

Christmas decoration last school year

2 comments:

HOW TO BUILD RAPPORT WITH THE STUDENTS?

Rapport is nothing more than a connection you make with your students based on their positive feelings for you. When they like you and tr...