Friday, September 22, 2017

THE GUY WHO ALWAYS SAYS "HI"

       
           Simple words like the ones used for greetings can truly touch a person's heart. A novice teacher like me has high regards for students who are sincerely courteous. Just because a teacher is new in the school, others just keep their cool and seem not to care at all. Students who greet teachers are verily commendable in these changing times. Luckily, I found one in my class. 

              There’s this one brave soul, a half-Lebanese and half-Filipino, who certainly moved me beyond my expectations. Even if his physical characteristics signal that he’s a foreigner, you would know by heart that he is a Filipino because of his traits that are truly admirable. He truly is remarkable because he also has a sense of humor. Despite all these overwhelming characteristics of his, he has multiple personalities inside the classroom. Kids, young as they are, can be really erratic at times. 

             
              Above all these unpredictable patterns of his behavior, there’s this one thing that this kid always does. The moment he arrives in the classroom every morning or wherever we meet in the hallways, canteen, library, or outside the school, he never forgets to say, “Hi, Teacher Erika!”, or “Good day, Teacher!” Indeed, this kid, without his knowing, has given my teaching life a delight. Despite the fact that students’ attitudes toward greeting or respecting teachers are currently deteriorating, I am still thankful that I have one who is sincere to make me feel that I am respected. This guy who always says “Hi” will never be forgotten as the days pass by.

1 comment:

HOW TO BUILD RAPPORT WITH THE STUDENTS?

Rapport is nothing more than a connection you make with your students based on their positive feelings for you. When they like you and tr...